As the name suggests, a dream catcher captures your dreams before they reach you. But don’t worry they won’t stop you from having sweet and happy dreams. According to the myth, dream catchers confiscate the bad dreams which eliminate night terrors and all the negativities around your room. But apart from the myth and all, they do look classy and eye-catching. They add a sense of elegance to the overall tone of your house.
In this article we do not want to promote any myths, rather dream catchers are beautiful to look at and work as a great decorative piece for your home and there is nothing more to it than its decorative value.
Best Dream Catchers available on Amazon:
Among the plethora of products in Amazon, we have selected for you some eye-catching Dream Catchers of different styles and sizes to choose from.
One of the best-selling dream catchers in Amazon, this product follows a Classic and traditional design pattern. This stunning piece reflecting the native culture and heritage will add a bohemian flavor to the overall look of your room.
- The natural but vibrant colors that demand a second look.
- Handmade with high-quality material to reflect native culture and heritage.
- Made from free-range feathers only
Beautiful design with a unique and sophisticated feel, this piece of art is a perfect gift for any occasion and suitable for every room.
- Unique design with tassels using high-quality materials.
- Perfect size and design feature for every room.
- 15 color combinations to choose from.
Unique Star design creates a festive and cheerful atmosphere for the room. This will definitely add life to your room. The design is very child-friendly with bright colors.
- High-Quality Leather rope, Metal hoop, Cotton line, Real feather, Wood beads are used.
- Handmade Half Circle Moon design.
- Perfect fit for any room, balcony or doors.
This Unicorn shaped designed colorful dream catcher is great fits for your little girl’s room. Handmade with precision and with quality materials, this will complete the décor of your child’s room.
- Imitation pearl, colorful feather and ribbon are used to decorate the web.
- Unicorn design for kids.
- Surrounded by vivid pink and purple flowers.
This beautiful work of art will definitely compliment and capture your bohemian spirit. This will give your room a unique décor and a feel-good factor.
- Comes with beige tassels design with flowers and feathers.
- High quality environmental friendly material is used.
- Comes pre assembles and in exquisite packaging.
Legend of Dream Catchers
Dream catchers have its roots from Ojibwa Native Americans from Canada and the United States. They would hang in their rooms, especially over the curdle or bed of their children, small amulets to protect their infants and young children. It is their belief that the amulets would trap all evil spirits and the nightmares.
According to one legend, when the child of the chief from Ojibwa Native Americans tribe became sick, a medicine woman gave him a dream catcher replicating the pattern of a spider web. The webs were meant to catch the bad dreams and feathers were used to direct the good dreams to the child.
However, there are many other legends in relation to the origin of dream catchers as well. But apart from the legends, the beautiful designs made from feathers and strings make dreams catchers.
DIY (Make Dream Catchers yourself)
What materials are needed and how to do it?
To make a dream catchers, you will need the following materials:
- Metal or wooden hoop;
- Suede lace (or ribbon);
- Artificial sinew ( or silk thread, wax nylon string, hemp thread);
- Liquid craft glue.
How to make a dream catcher :
Step 1– Prepare the hoop for your project. You can use laces of different kinds to decorate it and make it according to your taste. You will need to glue the laces with the hoop and wait till it dry for the next step.
Step 2– After you have prepared the hoop, then you need to make the web around it. You can create different patterns here. You will need a string in this step and you start by tying the string to the top of the loop. Then you need to loop the string around the hoop to create the pattern of the web. Finish looping and weaving the lace until you get the look you want.
Step 3- When creating the web you can decorate with beads as well. You can use multi-color strings or other decorative items in this process as well.
Step 4– Next take 3(or 4) 5-inch pieces of lace and tie around the bottom of your loop. Thread the beads you selected onto the pieces of lace. Then take a feather and tie it to the bottom of the lace. If your bead hole is big enough you can slide the bead onto the top of the feather and hide the knots.
Step 5 – Lastly take a piece of wire or the lace and tie a loop to the top for your hanger.
- Best Duplo Compatible Lego Tables with Storage in 2021 - January 1, 2021
- Ultimate Buying Guide for Best Craft Table with Storage - September 13, 2020
- Best Cheap Alcohol Markers of 2021 Reviewed - March 1, 2020